Most Recent Posts View all
Painting: Vases with pink roses by Vincent Van Gogh(1890).
In a letter to his mother, Vincent Van Gogh wrote, “But for one’s health, as you say, it is very necessary to work in the garden and see the flowers growing.”. During the last few days of his stay at Saint-Rémy Asylum in the quiet town of Auvers-Sur-Oise, Van Gogh painted flowers, expressing his ardour and hopefulness towards his future. About that time in the year 1890, he drew Still Life: Vases With Pink Roses. As he observed nature and seasonal cycle with a person’s disposition, the color palette plays an important role in this painting as well as the choice of flowers. The roses were painted in a deep hue of pink complementing the green background provides an emotive effect.
Van Gogh wrote in a letter to his younger brother Theo, who was also an art dealer, “What color is in a picture, enthusiasm is in life.” The painting was first exhibited in Paris at Theo Van Gogh’s apartment.
Inspired by the painting, we ‘ve put together a few outfit items that you can easily incorporate into your work wardrobe. The Marni ruffled floral print silk blouse can be paired with a relaxed light ivory suit and minimal accessories or dainty earrings for that lounge luxury summer effect. Or you can style the bow embellished Victoria Beckham top with a single gold statement accessory and sleek stilettos to transform it into an office to evening look.
READ other Editor’s Picks.
Staying chic in the summer heat is an art form. Here are our favorite officewear pieces to help you look stylish without breaking a sweat:
- Akris punto Blazer, Blouse & Pants – This entire suit is just so cool! I absolutely have a weakness for polka dots and I love the fact that this would mix and match perfectly with navy, grey, black suits.
- Vince Camuto Pleat Waist Culottes – These culottes are the perfect statement piece for the office. They’re elegant, chic, and so comfortable!
- Theory Blazer, Top & Trousers – I love a good theory piece for work and this ensemble is no different.
- Oscar de la Renta Shimmer Twill Jacket – This look screams sophistication! With subtle blue hues and gorgeous detail, its absolutely perfect for an interview or a day at the office.
- Rag & Bone ‘Harrow’ Boot – This ankle boot is the perfect height for walking around comfortably all day and the design is classic enough to where you can get away with wearing it under a trouser suit or for business casual.
- See by Chloé ‘Dixie’ Leather Crossbody Bag – Every gal needs a good work bag to carry her everyday necessities. This one goes equally well with your weekend casual clothing as your workweek business casual.